SWAGELESS TERMINALS AND TURNBUCKLES
1) Parts list + exploded view of a swageless terminal.
2) Assembly principle.
- Push the conical body 1 onto the cable
- Position jaw 2 evenly on the cable
- Place ring 3 against the jaw 2, taking care to leave at least 5 mm between it and the cable end
- Move body 1 onto jaw 2
- STRONGLY screw on terminal 4 and secure the assembly using the counter nut
3) Recommendations and maintenance.
- You can use our "swageless " manual terminals with construction cables (1*19) , (7*7), (7*19), or Dyform cables.
- Make sure that the cable cross-section matches the terminal dimensions used.
- For extended use in saline or highly polluted environments, regularly check the terminal for damage and/or seal the entire terminal during assembly using a sealant such as SIKAFLEX 221 ® . If the seal is damaged, clean the terminal with fresh water and then treat it with a metal lubricant, and re-apply the sealant.
- When using these terminals, the cable strength is reduced by 0 to 15%, depending on the cable diameter and how rigorous your assembly has been.
- The jaws are single use only and cannot be re-used.
- Users are responsible for checking the correct equipment selection/sizing and its proper assembly.
4) Table of "Swageless" terminal technical specifications
|Cable cross-section in mm
||Breaking load in Kg
||Tightening torque in N.m
This range of parts is manufactured in an ISO9001 factory and has been entered on the LLOYD'S REGISTER.